Saturday, May 14th is National Dance like a Chicken Day!
In support of Stonewall Gardens and the wonderful chicken coop, we are challenging YOU to participate and show us your best chicken dance.
Here’s what you do:
- Make a video of you and your family dancing like chickens (Accompanying chicken dance music is totally optional!)
- Post your video to Facebook on May 14th
- In your post, tag other people and challenge them to also post a video
- Tag at least 5 people and consider using this tagging strategy
- Tag 2 friends at Stonewall Jackson Elementary
- Tag 2 family members/friends who aren’t connected to Stonewall
- Tag 1 “long shot” – pick someone famous, someone who has some association with chickens/gardens, or someone who might not actually play the game but would be AWESOME to get involved
- Please also tag Stonewall Gardens on Facebook and use the hashtags #DanceLikeAChickenDay and #StnwlGardens if you use twitter.
- Remind the people that you tag that if they aren’t able (or willing) to post a video of themselves dancing that they can also support the garden with a donation via Facebook or the website.
A recommended donation amount is $14 since it will be May 14th. (Donate Here)
Feel free to video yourselves ahead of time, but please don’t post your video on Facebook until May 14th.
This a fun way to bring awareness and excitement to the garden program. Let’s show everyone how much we love our chickens!!!
Make sure the check out the wonderful write up in the Lakewood Advocate about our 20th Anniversary.
Mark your Calendars!
Gates open at 6 p.m. * Movie starts at 7 p.m.
Which will it be?
Inside Out or Big Hero 6?
You’ll have to be there to see!
Pizza, popcorn, drinks, snacks and glow will be sold.
All proceeds benefit Stonewall Gardens.
For the hour prior to the movie we will be showing a slideshow. This is a great opportunity to make your child, child’s teacher or friend feel special!
Slides are $10 each or 3 for $25 and may contain photos, messages or both. If you would like to purchase a slide, please complete this form and return it to the office with a check made out to Stonewall Gardens NO LATER than Friday, October 30.
Stonewall Gardens Annual Campaign
Thank you for your generous support of the
Stonewall Gardens Annual Campaign 2014-2015!
With your support, the Family, Neighborhood and Grandparents Campaigns raised over $37,000!
Miss the campaign? Donations are always greatly appreciated. Information about donating can be found under “Join Us”
If you have any questions about the garden or the campaign, please contact Kathryn Peters, Campaign Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for continuing to support our one-of-a-kind garden!
This month we will close out the campaign with the
Green Ribbon for Stonewall!
Our school featured for its outdoor science and nature program
Stonewall is the proud recipient of the Green Ribbon Schools Award, one of just 42 schools to receive this honor. This program was developed by the Texas Children in Nature Coalition, comprised of Texas education and environmental groups that are working together to provide opportunities for children to learn in nature. The Green Ribbon Award recognizes Stonewall for promoting such opportunities, and features our school on its home page. Read more about the award and the many elements of our garden program as described by Stonewall teachers.
Click here for a Stonewall Gardens mention from NPR!
Friend Us on Facebook
Stonewall Gardens is now on Facebook. Friend us to keep up with the latest information.
Posted on May 26, 2014 by Barbara Uskovich
The emphemeral bliss of childhood should include a day of shadowing Mr. Painter in our school garden. There can never be a perfect replacement for Mr. Painter, but there are curious and caring understudies that are willing to learn and carry on empirical traditions, even if it is only for one day. (Searching for […]Read "Emphemeral by Barbara Uskovich" full post.